Women have been giving birth for as long as humans have been on the planet, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy and that doesn’t mean it’s always intuitive! This informative, affordable, hands-on birthing class will help you ease your birthing time and in preparing for the birth of your child.
In this 90-minute class you will gain valuable skills for coping with the strong sensations of birth while learning to connect with your birth partner. Some techniques we will include:
- Partner assisted yoga-based postures to support you, to ease contractions, and to create a more harmonious birth experience
- Breathing techniques to ease strong birth sensations and to keep you calm
- Acupressure points you can use before, during, and after your birth to help the baby descend more easily, to control strong sensations, and to calm the mind
- Listening skills to keep you and your partner connected during birth
- Essential oils for relaxation and birth challenges
- Learning about the rhythm and ritual of birth
Materials you can take with you with all postures, acupressure and breathing techniques, essential oil uses, and the stages of labor are provided with your class. This is a hands-on skills class with ample opportunity for practice.
Cost: $45 per couple AABC Clients
$60 per couple non-AABC clients
March 10th 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Location: Austin Area Birthing Center, 2500 W. William Cannon 78745
Pre-registration is required!
Sign up today by emailing MoonMotherYoga@gmail.com as space is limited
You can pay in advance via Venmo @Deanna-Velazquez-1 or PayPal